Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just a quick post

Clay with Thai children













My Thai teacher and one of the college ministry leaders.


Hi everyone. This is just a quick update to let you know how things are going. I have mastered the bus system pretty well and have been on 2 excursions with the children by myself -- if my dad is reading this -- it is totally safe and it was all done during the daytime. Getting on and off of the bus is a challenge since the first step is about a foot off of the ground and neither one of my older kids will let anyone touch them. I feel so sorry for these nice Thai people who are trying to help my daughter step on to the bus and she is giving them dirty looks and pulling away from them. Then I just smile and say, "thank you" in my nicest Thai.
I have been working on my Thai quite a bit. I really cannot do very much yet, but I am starting to learn the 5 tones -- that is crazy. One of them sounds just like my daughter's tone when she is smart-mouthing me and another one sounds like my son when he is whining, so I am starting to get those two down because I am used to hearing them on a regular basis.
I am going to end the blog now because my family is waiting to go to dinner.
I will put some pictures here on the bottom

No comments: