Saturday, June 28, 2008

I can do something





I am so happy, I was actually able to accomplish something today besides pushing my stroller with two kids hanging on the side all around Bangkok. Today, I was invited to teach English at the slums to some children. It was great to be able to work in my gifting and not even have to worry about language barriers. The children all had a really good time, and I really enjoyed being with them.

One of the biggest dilemmas I am going through right now is what to do about my coffee lady. She and I have gotten quite close, I am not really sure how since I don't speak Thai and she does not speak English. This is the deal, I am allergic to caffeine. It gives me horrible migraines. I tried to pretend like I wasn't get headaches from it, but I am. So, I went with one of my Thai friends who speaks English so, that I could see if she offered anything without caffeine -- no such luck -- chocolate, tea, lattes, and coffee. I feel like this is my opportunity to love her-- do I put up with a caffeine induced stupor so that I can hang out with her? I think that I am going to try the chocolate route and see if just every other day with chocolate I will be OK.

I am not going to write my normal novel because the mosquitoes are eating my alive.

Below I am going to post pictures from our trip to the Thailand border to Laos.

2 comments:

amalie said...

did you get your hair cut? good job on keeping up with the blog. i am super impressed. they're fun to read. and you can do lots of things : ) like make jewelry. people always tell me how much they like your jewelry. i saw beck, camila, beto, eddie, and mel this week. it was fun!!

Kate Graves said...

I miss you guys!!

I really like reading your blog...I love seeing the pictures of the kids!

Love, Hannah