Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm crazy for Jesus

I'm crazy for Jesus is the title of my blog today --I must be because I am going on a plane for 20 hours nonstop with a 18 month- old, a 3 year-old and a 4 year-old. Let me reiterate 20 hours with three kids under 5.
I am excited though. I know that God has definitely directed me to Thailand for the summer. It will be a great experience to get involved with the culture, to learn some Thai, and see how we can best love and get to know the people of Thailand.
Honestly, I think I would be crazier not to go to Thailand. I know that God has told me to go this summer. Wouldn't it be much more insane to defy the Lord just because something seems intimidating and out of our control? How often do we convince ourselves that we didn't really hear God leading us because the task at hand seems too difficult and daunting?
Fortunately for me, the Lord made it very clear that I was supposed to go this summer. He also tied up all of my loose ends in Mexico and made it so much easier for me to temporarily leave the place that I have called home for the past eleven years.
So, this is just the beginning of my blog. I will be updating as often as possible and letting you know how things are going on over there. Please bear with me getting the page and layout set up on the page -- I am new at all of this.
Remember to be praying on Wednesday. We leave at 6:00 am eastern time, and we will be flying for 20 hours. Pray for the kids, especially for the baby --he does not like to be seated and at 18-months, the only thing entertaining is climbing and running. Please also pray for us not to be too affected by jet lag. Pray that I will have peace that passes all understanding and that I will be such an amazing mom that everyone will see Jesus in me.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Jennifer--we're praying for you. I know the last thing you care to woory about right now is the blogsite, but I tried to subscribe to your blog ans was unable. Others may wish to do the same. Is there anything I can do from stateside to help you ifx the problem? Cat Russell.