Thursday, July 17, 2008

Superheroes

As well as imagining my life with a chimpanzee, as a child, I often used to fantasize about being a superhero -- what can I say, I had an active imagination. Little did I know that, my baby would have superhero strength and abilities.
Today I took the kids to the mall to paint a plaster of paris piggy bank. Of course the baby insisted on doing his own and holding a paintbrush while screaming, "mine, mine, mine," if I attempted to help him. My daughter actually has some artistic ability and was carefully painting hers, so when the boys were done throwing paint on theirs, I let my son walk while I pushed the baby in the stroller. I stopped the stroller a couple of feet from a fan ,and we watched my daughter painting, while enjoying some cool air. Then all of the sudden the metal frame went flying off of the fan, and the plastic blade broke apart, scattering over the floor. Then I realized what had taken place, somehow my baby, while being strapped in to the stroller, in a nano-second stretched himself up to the fan and stuck his finger in, and somehow this caused the fan to fall apart all over the floor. At this point, I checked my son and saw that the whole commotion had only caused a slight scrape on his finger. I was amazed, he had speed like the flash, the ability to stretch like rubber man and supernatural strength like the hulk. Unfortunately, the lady who owned the fan was not as impressed with my baby's super powers. Instead she started talking and talking to me in Thai and pointing. I gathered that she expected me to pay for fan blade. So, I just pulled out the biggest bill that I had and attempted to apologize in Thai.
It was not quite the family event that I had planned, but at least Jordan's piggy bank turned out nice. -- I'll post a picture later.

1 comment:

Jed said...

Ha! Jenn, I love your blog!! Especially stories about your kids... they provide hours of entertainment. Keira just eats everything- I really think she may have pica disease or something.

Glad everything turned out okay with the fan (other than it being destroyed). The one we have has metal blades- makes me SOOOO nervous.