Thursday, July 10, 2008

it is not as easy as it looks






I am posting a few pictures of elephant riding. If you look at my face in one of them, I hope that you can see the pure grit and determination that I have to keep from falling right off of the elephant and taking my son and daughter with me. I have never really ridden any animal, but let me tell you, an elephant is not a smooth ride. It feels like standing on rope bridge in the middle of an earthquake, and having a baby on your back does not make it any easier.
It was a great day though. The team got to take a break from missionary interviews and enjoy some of the things that Chiang Mai has to offer.

2 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

Hi Jenn,
Love the blog!!! You are making me miss the work we used to do. Also it is so neat to see your positive attitude through everything, this is something we could all use a bit more of!

amalie said...

well you look good. and i love how the kid driving the elephant is completely oblivious to the fact he might kill you and your children. in every situation where i thought i might die it was bc they put a 14 yr old kid in charge of some sort of large moving transport--boat, camel, horse-- and he looked like my life was not top priority. way to be brave.