Thursday, July 10, 2008

The dream is over

All of my childhood, I had one huge desire --a chimpanzee named Marvin. Every birthday and Christmas I was sure that I was going to get a chimpanzee. I would lie awake at night on Christmas Eve and imagine waking up in the morning to my chimpanzee, Marvin-- I was even sure that I could here him chattering early in the morning. After badgering and begging my father forever for a chimpanzee, he finally told me that I could get one for a present when I graduated from college. I then continued for a few years to tell everyone that I was going to get chimpanzee named Marvin when I graduated from college.
Well, I can finally tell you with certainty I no longer want a chimpanzee. Yesterday, we went to the animal safari. My kids and I were taking a leisurely walk around the animal lake. They had these cool, little islands with animals on them. Then my heart skipped a beat as I saw the sign for the chimpanzee island. I looked over at the island, but he was resting under some bushes. When he noticed we were there, he came out of hiding. I was excited because I was sure that he wanted to wave at us and see us. As I was admiring him, he lifted up his hand, I held my breath because I was positive he was going to wave at us. As he opened his hand, a piece of wood with nails hanging out of it flew out of his hand and whizzed by my head with speed and strength that would make major league pitchers envious. -- A chimpanzee attempted to take my life at the Chiang Mai safari.
So, I guess my dad can be relieved --he no longer is in debt to me for a chimpanzee.

3 comments:

amalie said...

you have always wanted a chimp named marvin? and you thought the chimp was going to wave at you? that's hilarious.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

I know this story really isn't funny and a chimp tried to assassinate you, but I can't stop laughing! I'm glad you are ok.. :)